Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

Have a 2004 Nissan Titan. About 3-4 times in the last couple

Customer Question

Have a 2004 Nissan Titan. About 3-4 times in the last couple of years, when I press brakes, the pedal goes way down, and a grinding noise. Normally I shut off engine, crank up and brakes are OK. Mileage is currently at 109,000 miles. I occasionally towed a 18 foot car trailer with my 1948 Chevy pickup to car shows, usually 4 to*****trip. What do you suggest?
JA: If your brakes make any unusual sounds, it's good to look into it right away. Luckily, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with brake issues.
Customer: Brakes were checked, in good shape no problems.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I will probably go to a Nissan dealer
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

from what you are describing you have a condition called unwanted ABS which is usually cause by a front wheel speed sensor or the wiring to one of the front sensors giving a wrong reading to the ABS computer and actually activating the ABS when a wheel is not slipping causing this problem

the dealer will more than likely check for any history codes which would tell them which sensor was reading wrong and then diagnose it that way or with no codes have to take a snap shot with the scan tool when its acting up to see which wheel sensor is causing this issue

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.