EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience

I have a 1999 automatic Frontier 4x4. Good battery. Turn the

Customer Question

I have a 1999 automatic Frontier 4x4. Good battery. Turn the key an nothing happens?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park. Also tried in neutral.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Located the relay panel. Could not determine anything. Some thing happened 5 months ago with no resolve for 4 days.. Had it towed and it started for them, no problem
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am waiting to hear from a mechanic. It is a dark parking lot and very late.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. It is likely that you have a starter that is intermittantly failing. Do you have a test light to check for power at the starter? This will let us know if the starter is even getting power. If it is then the starter is at fault. If not, then you may have an electrical concern.

Thanks for viewing my response. Let me know if you have any more questions, and also please rate my assistance using the 5 star rating method. Thank you.