Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Trying to replace passenger side front axle on a 2009 Nissan

Customer Question

Trying to replace passenger side front axle on a 2009 Nissan rogue. Wanted to know if the cage looking thing is supposed to be removed also and how can it be removed seening that the exhaust is in the way.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 85000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: O No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. Continue >>
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

The Passenger axle on your car is one of the harder axles cause it always tends to seize in the holder.

Why are you removing the axle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Understood, but is the axle and holder replace as an assembly or can I just remove the axle while the holder is still mounted to the car?
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

The axle holder is separate. If you are changing the axle, I use a Air Hammer to knock it through the holder.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!