Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I have a 2008 nissan altima, keyless ignition, the remote

Customer Question

i have a 2008 nissan altima, keyless ignition
JA: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?
Customer: the remote starter battery died, so i had to start the car by putting the key in the ignition and now it is stuck
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: pulling
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the car will start, i just can't get the key out when it is off. the car is in "park"
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

Did you put the ENTIRE FOB in the slot or the mechanical key?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just the mechanical key, but it is ALL the way in tehre
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

thanks, ***** ***** to put the ENTIRE FOB in that slot. just keep that in mind for future reference.

the mechanical key is just for the door when needed

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

I used to see this ALL THE TIME when the intelligent key first came out.

The rear of the IKEY slot has a little eject mechanism and when you put the mechanical key in there it gets jammed into it.

The trick is to take a small flathead screwdriver and slide it into the port beside the key. Once you have it by the key base you push straight inward. At the same time take a small pair of needlenose vice grips and grab the metal part of the key right by the plastic head and wiggle it and pull on it at the same time your doing this.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

if its so far in there that you have to grab the plastic end of the key, then use a large pair of pliers and a microfiber towel or tape so you don't mar the heck out of the plastic

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

i tried to accept your phone call request but it said your payment service failed. Just letting you know.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

if you run into further questions just ask, if not be sure to leave a kind rating.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks so much. i need to attend a meeting right now, and i can't find the pliers or a flat head screwdriver! This has officially become my husband's problem. I am goign to have him call back in an hour or soi will be sure to leave a kind review, you were extremely helpful, thank you
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

I'll be here if either of you need me :)