Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.
3827149

2013 Nissan Altima A/C cools part of the time and then quits

Customer Question

2013 Nissan Altima A/C cools part of the time and then quits cooling and then will cool again later. Sometimes it helps to turn the compressor on and off several times.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  david craig replied 5 months ago.

Hi My name is ***** ***** I will be more than happy to help. Your compressor is prematurely failing. This is a problem with the late model altimas. it will work til it started to overheat internally then shut off until it cools back down. you need to have the compressor replaced. now when you do, dont let them talk you into replacing anything else in the system. they always try to convince people that everything else needs replaced when replacing the compressor. its absolutely not true

Expert:  Tom replied 5 months ago.

You can not condemn a compressor without proper diagnosis . if the compressor did fail internally it will damage the entire a/c system. this can be an issue with the compressor clutch relay or just the compressor clutch .You need to have this properly diagnosed before replacing parts.