virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

I am having problems installing drivers side axle in 96

Customer Question

I am having problems installing drivers side axle in 96 nissan altima manual transmission there is a pin lokks like it is in the way keeping it from going in
Category: Nissan
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So I'm assuming you are talking about the transmission side?The only pin there should be is a ways back in after the splines. It shouldn't effect it. But just so we are on the same page, would you mind taking a pic of the hole it goes into so I can see the pin you are talking about? And a pic of the shaft with the splines (the side that goes into the hole we are talking about)?
And post both on here.I'll be able to help better.Thanks
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.