Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Tail lights, dashboard lights, front and rear side lights

Customer Question

tail lights, dashboard lights, front and rear side lights and door open audio are not working. checked fuses and they are all good. what else could be wrong
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: the fuses are good
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 1984 300zx turbo
JA: What year is your Nissan?
Customer: 1984
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have only checked the fuses and they are good. what else can I check
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 5 months ago.

have you tried the headlight switch?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the headlights and break lights are working
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and I will post back with your reply ASAP

the fuse on drive side on left side bottom panel , are know for corrosion , tap on it by hand see if anything changes

there is a recall on the headlight switch ,if bad it will effect one or more light in vehicle , i usualy buy a can of electrical cleaner and spray that fuse box

May 6, 1985 VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN 1984 PULSAR NX AND 300ZX HEADLIGHT SWITCH AUTHORIZATION Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. Tokyo, Japan authorizes Nissan Motor Corporation in U.S.A. (NMC) to conduct a recall campaign on 1984 Nissan Pulsar NX and 300ZX model vehicles. INTRODUCTION There is a possibility that one or more of the headlights may not work because contaminated grease was used in the headlight switch. The malfunction of the switch could cause a delay or failure in the operation of one or more lights when the headlight switch is turned on or the dimmer switch is operated. Loss of headlight function could increase the risk of a vehicle collision. All owners of the affected vehicles will be notified by letter to bring their vehicle to a Nissan/Datsun dealer for a free inspection and if necessary, replacement of the headlight switch. A copy of the owner's letter is shown on page 8/10 for your information.