Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I have a 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe and I am having trouble

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe and I am having trouble removing the outside door handle
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes.I tried loosening the the torx headed bolt that threads into the lock cylinder and is located behind the rubber grommet on the inside back edge of the door frame and then then trind pulling the lock cylinder straight out
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I also tried to remove the passenger side to see if I could get that one apart thinking that would be easier as it does not have a lock cylinder and that I could then use it as a reference
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,

You also have to remove the door panel and disconnect the rod from the lock on the handle in order to remove the lock cylinder.

HERE is a link for the removal procedure

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again, I hadn't heard back and wondered if you need further assistance with this?