Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My HVAC vents are not functioning properly starting just

Customer Question

My HVAC vents are not functioning properly starting just recently. 2004 Titan. All settings work properly except the dash vents. Air blows out of the windshield vent when set to blow out the dash. Can you identify which of the 4 actuators attached to the system are responsible for this malfunction? And if it's just 1 of the 3 (dash, floor, windshield) is it a gear problem rather than an actuator issue?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

This is the mode door actuator.

Its under the dash around the area of the drivers vent to the right of the steering wheel. You have to come at it from underneath by the drivers right knee.

The part is relatively cheap, but if you have big hands its a tight little space to work in.