Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I jump started my daughter 2010 Altima and there was a spark

Customer Question

I jump started my daughter 2010 Altima and there was a spark then ac quit working blows air but not cold
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: Yes replaced battery right after we jumped it
JA: What is the model of your '10 Nissan?
Customer: Altima
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes looked at fuses but could not find any blown fuses but was unable to locate and check relay
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Can't think of anything everything worked fine before I jumped it and replaced battery and thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The AC relay is part of the fuse box integrated power module. It's basically one big fuse with a bunch of fuses in it.

It's not easy to replace, but not impossible either.

Do you have a multi-meter to do some electrical testing?

Any idea why the battery died?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one but unfamiliar with its use
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery was old
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

You should check to see if the AC clutch is getting a proper power signal to turn on by checking for 12 volts at the AC clutch connector on the AC compressor. Set your meter to DC volts and then put one prong of the meter in one side of the connector and the other prong in the other. This will tell you if you have power from the AC control head to the compressor clutch.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

I just wanted to check and see if you need any additional info.