Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I left lights on my 13 Nissan sentra, & battery ran down.

Customer Question

Hi - I left lights on my 13 Nissan sentra, & battery ran down. Tried to use neighbor's truck to jump-start it; won't turnover, though lights & radio worked fine. s battery dead I wonder..only 35k on it
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: three year's old...hmm. Yeah I believe it was showing up when we tried to crank it
JA: What year is your Sentra?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only to jump start it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not I can think of...have successfully jump it once before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.,

How long did you leave your neighbors truck connected?

A lot of the newer store bought jumper cables are too thin and too long to deliver enough current to start a vehicle. If you leave his truck running connected to the battery for 15-30 minutes it should charge the battery up enough to start it.

Otherwise your best bet would be to either get a charger and charge it or remove the battery and take it to the parts store to be charged.. most will charge it for free.

I doubt the battery is bad but if you go the second route they will also test it for you after charging it and again its free.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks