Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

I have a 2000 qg18de that was parked weeks in sun and now

Customer Question

I have a 2000 qg18de that was parked for 3 weeks in sun and now will not start. no light from the spark tester and very low fuel press...dribbles. no start.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: turns over great w/ new batt
JA: What is the model of your '00 Nissan?
Customer: sentra 16v
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: all fuses, swapped relays by hood latch and in engine underhood compartment
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no visual damage, air and exhaust seem clear and comp out exhaust pipe while cranking
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Take a look at the check engine light when the key is on and tell me if it comes on and then connect your scanner and see if it will communicate and if so are you setting any fault codes. Check these things for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no check engine light on when key is in accessory. oil lamp and many other lights are on. Car has been transferred to S&S research garage for inspection. and attempt plug=in.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank=you I know this may be complex
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

So are you saying your having the shop make this repair? If not then let me know and we can work from there.