peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

The top won't open fully. Trunk is completely empty with no

Customer Question

The top won't open fully. Trunk is completely empty with no obstructions
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Happened once a few weeks ago but then worked later.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2012 Nissan Murano cabriolet
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have blown out the truck. Vacuumed all the pieces I can reach. Unhooked battery
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this type of fault here can be caused by a faulty micro switch/position sensor sending an incorrect signal on what position the top or a component with the top is in.When this occurs the top stops like this here.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue.The same scan tool is used to monitor the top position sensors to locate which one is faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete