Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Fan on my 2000 Pathfinder just stopped working. I can feel

Customer Question

Fan on my 2000 Pathfinder just stopped working. I can feel cool at the vents, but the motor will not blow on Defrost, or change with any of the manual settings.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 148,000; auto,***** LE model. An air-conditioner guy told me it is probably a fuse or relay...
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself,..pretty good with tools, but I don't think I want to get into removing the whole dashboard.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. Car runs fine. The AC was blasting lots of cold. Then I stopped, turned the car off, and then the motor stopped blowing. It started again for a few minutes on the freeway, but never has come on again.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 11 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

So the a/c compressor is working, but the blower motor is not pushing air through the vents correct? Just want to make sure I am understanding you correctly?

Will the fan work on ANY SPEED check them all especially the HIGHEST speed.