peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2001 Nissan Frontier that won't start. The battery

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Nissan Frontier that won't start. The battery is new and the clutch switch is ok.
When I installed the new battery, I put it on a charger and fully charged it. The truck then started. The next day it would not start.The battery shows fully charged. None of the instrument lights light up. The headlights work. The passenger air bag lights as well as the green lights on the A/C panel. The A/C works. Help!!!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing to check here is to make sure the battery cables are clean and tight on the battery itself.If there is an issue with any of the cables this will need corrected.Check and make sure all fuses are o.k. in the fuse panels,if any are found blown or damaged they will need replaced.

If these are all checked and found o.k. this issue may be due to an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen contacts in this switch fail in some cases and cause this type of fault here before with this switch needing replaced.The switch signals would need tested properly usually with a multi meter and in some cases a scan tool to view data signals from the switch itself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete