Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

2006 titan continues running after key is turned off and

Customer Question

2006 titan continues running after key is turned off and removed. I do not have any remote start
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: in park
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: does haave lock
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: will fix self, no ther issues to report
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.

Do you notice any change at all when the key is in off position versus when in start position? like accesories and interior lights and stuff? or does it stay the same?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Accessories all turn off with switch, just engine
Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.

That's an indication the ignition is fine then and the problem is elsewhere.

Since you don't have remote start, better check the drivers body harness for any damage. I have seen run over debris in the road and damage teh body harness which causes it to go to constant ground and the engine will not turn off.