Ac stopped working all of a sudden. compressor does not

Customer Question

ac stopped working all of a sudden. compressor does not engage while engine is running. tried to ad refrigerant thinking it might be low but compressor still will not turn on. Clutch is turning. checked all fuses and they are good. what about a relay switch?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I am saying sorry for the delay as a blanket response for all others online today that passed on helping on this concern. I just go in recently and caught up and am now checking on the long waiting customers first. Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still need help. Happy Father's day if your a dad.

Yes I am a Dad of 2 boys but woke up with the Flu. Fun day, semi getting pampered LOL.

Since the compressor clutch is engaging and turning, are the AC lines at the firewall which go to the evaporator cold at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No they are not cold. But it's 110 outside today. I bought the car new in 06. And never had a problem with or serviced the AC. It worked fine for ten years until last week when I turned on the AC and I noticed the compressor was not engaging. It was the day befor.

I am confused on, is the compressor clutch engaged and spinning or not?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The compressor pulley is spinning(not frozen). I don't hear the clutch engaging to activate the compressor

Thanks, ***** ***** unplug the compressor clutch and apply power and ground to it form the battery to see if the compressor works and makes cold air.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll be able to do that later this week. I'm about 100 miles from my car right now.