Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 Nissan Quest. Just changed the battery and

Customer Question

i have a 2005 Nissan Quest. Just changed the battery and alternator. It starts fine at first but after running for 20-30 minutes when I shut it off it doesn't start for about 2 hours. Doens't even crank. All electrical components such as lights, radio, flashers, and horn all work. Does the alarm have a thermal overload built in?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
After 4-5 hours it starts like nothing is wrong.
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I am saying sorry for the delay as a blanket response for all others online today that passed on helping on this concern. I just go in recently and caught up and am now checking on the long waiting customers first. Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's like the alarm system locks me out after the car warms up.

When trying to restart is the theft light on or flashing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no, it's not on nor flashing but when I turn the key only the display goes out, the other lights stay lit.

Thanks I need you to do this test when the issue is not there and then again when its not there. Remove the starter relay under the hood in the IPDM. With the key on, there should be one pin powered. With the key held in the start position there should be another pin powered. There may be 2 or 3 pins left but only 2 of those are used. One goes to the starter and one goes to the CPU inside the IPDM. When the vehicle is a position where it will start of the remaining pins one of those should have no resistance to ground only when the key is held in the start position. Draw yourself a diagram of what each pin does.

Now drive the vehicle and make this issue occur and retest the pins and let me know which input your missing.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris