Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

06 nissan titan crew cab, exhaust repair mechanic advised

Customer Question

06 nissan titan crew cab, exhaust repair mechanic advised that there is a manifold leak. what is the best repair procedure, thank you
Category: Nissan
Expert:  internal88 replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning, I'm Brandon - Nissan tech.

The proper way is to replace the entire manifold. This manifold comes with the cataytic converter.

Therefore it needs to be replace as one unit.

There is aftermarket version from Dorman brand # ***** cost about $350.

The Factory Nissan is double the price but it is a better quality.

The labor is about $350-$400.

Please rate me positive thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The information you provided is availale at auto parts store.
What I ask is the procedure for the repair. What things to do to make the replacement of both exhaust manifolds work flow for a successful repair.
Looking for a more mechanic point of view. Sorry not very helpful mechanic answer. Zeke
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The Exhaust manifolds on your truck have the Catt Converters built into them. So of course the best thing is to replace them. As far a alternatives you can get After Market ones, but you will need to get a rear 02 sensor spacer so you don't get Catt codes. When you get after market Catt's the material they use doesn't convert the exhaust gas's to spec. So you could continue to get Catt Codes. But if you install a Rear 02 Sensor spacer, that pulls the rear 02 out of the exhaust stream to keep the truck from getting catt codes.

Do you have any more questions on this?