Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have. 2005 Nissan Titan and I want to know if the a/c

Customer Question

I have. 2005 Nissan Titan and I want to know if the a/c condenser fan is suppose to run all the time or what makes it come on
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: It cools I just want to know if the fan is suppose to be running when the ac is on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Is the fan suppose to be on when the ac is on is what I want to to know
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8-Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here:
Customer: Ok so you can't help I see
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Yes the cooling fan should run when the AC is in use. In front of your radiator is a AC condenser and in your dash is a AC evaporator. AC works by heat transfer. Yes the AC is making the evaporator cold but it is doing that by also transferring heat out of the cab and the heat goes to the condenser. So you need the fan running to blow cooler air through the condenser. This is why in traffic your AC works okay but on the interstate it works good and when raining it works great.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Sorry you were not pleased with my help.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris