Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair

2002 Nissan Xterra won't start because something is wrong

Customer Question

2002 Nissan Xterra won't start because something is wrong with my anti theft device
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: brand new battery
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to...went to the dealership and another mechanic and everything is great. Starter is good, battery is good, altenator is good...but this happens every once in a while
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: everytime I get a starts up great
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you suspect the problem is with the anti-theft you can disable it to prevent the starter from being disabled. I have enclosed the procedure to do this in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.