Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have an '06 Nissan Maxima in excellent condition, never

Customer Question

I have an '06 Nissan Maxima in excellent condition, never any problems, 73,000 miles & today when I tried to open the car door to get inside, using first the remote, then the key, it would click as if to open & then all 4 door locks would engage. I had no way to get inside the car. Called a local mechanic who had never had the problem in 40 years of business, then called Nissan in Paducah where I bought the car. The service manager had no clue either, said to bring the car in...how, when I can't get inside of it. Tow, of course, I know that...but, wow, what happened?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

I have seen this couple times actually, but everytime I have seen it your still able to get into the car using the key on the drivers door. You simply pull the handle almost simultaneously as you turn the key to the unlock position.

The last case I had like this, the 5v lock signal pulse was coming form the key cylinder switch in the drivers door. It was sending a continuous lock signal so anytie you unlocked the door they locked back immediately. Another time I had a drivers door lock actuator causing the issue. I actually assumed that was the case the last time before testing and replaced a door lock actuator for no reason, only to find it still happening. After testing the wires with the meter, I found it to be the key cylinder switch.

Hope this helps.