peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

The engine and traction control warning lights are on. The

Customer Question

the engine and traction control warning lights are on. The 2012 maxima won't go over 3000 RPM
JA: Do you know the code? Did you check the fuses?
Customer: no
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have had the O2 sensor replaced and the brakes done
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that i am aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The two lights here may be related to the same fault.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.From there the codes are diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.Since there is a large number of different components that may act up/fail and cause these lights to come on the fault codes do need checked to help pinpoint and repair this fault here.This is done with a scan tool that is fully compatible with your model plugged into your vehicle to read out the codes.The codes are then diagnosed and repaired then the fault codes cleared out with the scan tool to turn off these lights/messages.

Most shops or a dealer can read out and diagnose the codes as well as clear them.A local parts store like Auto Zone can usually read the codes at no charge to you but usually cannot do the diagnosis for them.If you can find out what codes are set and post that info here this will help just let me know.

This may be a fault with a wheel speed sensor sending an incorrect signal needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete