Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

2011 Nissan Murano won't start. When using the key only the

Customer Question

2011 Nissan Murano won't start. When using the key only the interior power will come on.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Do it doesn't. It's the original battery.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Called a tow truck to get it to the house around the corner. So the start button won't work no will the FOB when using it directly. When stepping on the brake only the interior power will come on. The engine won't start.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start first with having the battery checked to make sure its is fully charged and the connections are clean and tight. If that checks okay then the next step would be to scan the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with the results and we can work from there.