Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

Pearl, I have a 2007 pathfinder and I t a huge pot hole

Customer Question

Pearl, I have a 2007 pathfinder and I hit a huge pot hole yesterday and it turned the vehicle's systems off and now the ignition won't turn. Could it be a fuel pump cut-off?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is this the original fuel pump?
Customer: 150,000 miles and I am not sure. I bought it last year.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything. I have read that if the vehicle thinks it was in a wreck it may disable the fuel pump.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: All of the dash lights work, radio, and Windows/locks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

hey there, thanks for the question.

What your referring to is an intertia switch. Nissan has never used one so that's definitely not the issue.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

If you lost all power after hitting a large pothole, I would bet you have a lose battery cable or something of that nature and it jarred lose when you hit the pot hole.

So start with the battery connections, you shouldn't be able to wiggle the battery terminals at all.