internal88, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have been working in the technican for over 15 years. I am an expert in diagnostic.

I an driving a nissan altima 2011 in the UAE. Everything is

Customer Question

Hi i an driving a nissan altima 2011 in the UAE. Everything is good in the car had changed my oil a fee weeks ago and rest all was good. Today i had to rush and i was in very urgent situation. As i was driving too fast all of a sudden after a while i started hearing a humming sound. Not sure what it was and it was the first time i heard something like this. Later again i don't ove fast and then suddenly the car stopped accelrating above 120km/h and still it had the humming sound. It was accelarting till 120 and then car stopped accelarating. Plz help me with this. Thank you v
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 130,000 km and the battery.. Am not sure abt it but I didn't changed it since one year
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Nop .. I'll take it to a garage
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: But first i wanted to check here what could be the problem as i am really tesned with this thing. I am student as well and hoping that it doesn't costs much The problem which i mentioned is the inky concern
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  internal88 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Nissan tech.

Is the check engine light ON? Where is the humming sounds coming from? Front or the rear?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its coming from the front and there is no engine lights on.

Ok good.

The humming noise could be from a loose or broken cataytic converter bracket.

Or it could be coming from a loose Valve cover.