peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2010 Rogue, engine has a shudder when stopping with a/c on :

Customer Question

2010 Rogue, engine has a shudder when stopping with a/c on
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: what air flow? What hoses?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can sure, if not on to the mechanic
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: just bought it used last month, nothing else to report so far
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The shudder may be the engine idle trying to level out with the ac on.I have seen carbon build up in the throttle body bore and bore plate cause this issue here and had to take a shop rag with some cleaner on it to clean out the throttle body to correct this issue here.If you have not tried this I would see if this resolves this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I thought it may have something to do with the idle. Was told to service the transmission or the a/c, but that didn't seem right.

I have seen in several cases the throttle body gets gummed up and can cause this shudder and felt more with the ac on.I would focus on cleaning out the throttle body and having the idle components checked/tested to see if anything needs replaced as well.it is possible the ac compressor needs replaced as it may be trying to lock up causing this shudder.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete