peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

Driver side door handle is broken. First the plastic lock

Customer Question

Driver side door handle is broken. First the plastic lock cover came off and then one day the door handle just came off When opening the door this is a 2009 Nissan versa I have currently locked my keys in my car and want to know if there's an easy way to get in through the broken door handle
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be tough to try and access with a bro***** *****dle.In some cases if you can locate the pull lever part of the handle that triggered the latch to release you can use a flat blade tool or pliers to try and pull or push it to open the latch but if it is completely broken (and the handle assemblies do break needing replaced unfortunately as they do not hold up as well as older models anymore) then you will need to most likely either have a AAA company come out and use their tools to unlock and open the door or a lock smith.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete