Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima. I have the instrument cluster

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima.I have the instrument cluster out of the car.Part number:24810-8J000I need help with a wiring diagram and reading it.Please tell me which wires need power and ground so that I may illuminate all the bulbs and verify the mileage on the odometer.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I have no problem helping you. What time are you going to be online? I will be online after work around 7 or 8 pm EST

Let me know..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please provide wiring diagram and instruction as requested.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

The Illumination part of the Meter is limited. Some are bulbs internal of the Meter assembly.

This is the wiring diagram you requested, and I also supplied the Meter image to show bulb location.

Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
not getting any illumination of odometer or gauges.please advise.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Did you install a after market radio or anything?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the "terminals and reference value" you provide are incomplete.i need to know exactly which colored wires to provide power and ground to.i need to verify the mileage and see that all the bulbs are getting power.if you cannot provide this info clearly and directly, kindly release this question back into the general pool.thank you.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

That terminal reference is complete.. I am trying to give you what you need. Pins 5 and 6 are power and ground. Are you looking for illumination wires?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i need to know every wire to supply power to.and I need to know every wire to order to: ***** ***** entire cluster, power and read mileage off the odometer.power to 5 (Y/R) and grounding all the B is not enough to do anything.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Let me pull up the illumination wiring diagram for you.. Hang on.

Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

48 and 47 is the power and ground for the illumination for the meter. Getting you the complete wiring diagram.. 1 min

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what color are 47 and 48 supposed to be?
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Red/Blue and Red/Yellow. It's not a complete power and ground type of circuit since the BCM is part of that circuit. If you look at the wiring diagram, the Red / Blue is power. Everything shares that Red/Yellow for the ground which all go to that one joint connector. That connector goes to the dimmer switch, and that ultimately gives the ground

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am sorry. that is not working at all. and I have to go for the night.I do not want to give you less than good rating. but, this answer is really not satisfactory because I am still unable to illuminate the module. even after supplying power and ground to the wires you instructed me to.please advise; will respond tomorrow.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

I have provided you wiring diagrams and explained. We can continue tomorrow evening and I will continue to help you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry I did not make it back on time to work more on this Jay; but, it's probably better it closed because I could not have rated it more than 2 stars.I need a complete pin by pin diagram.the info you provided will not light up cluster or verify mileage.I tried on three separate parts to be sure.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

The light for the Mileage is internal. It's not separate pin. If that is the part that is no lighting up, that will require a new Meter assembly