Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

Just got this car 2006 murano has a crank no start has no

Customer Question

just got this car 2006 murano has a crank no start has no spark or fuel.Security light blinks even when i disarm the system with the remote
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to begin to diagnose this no start issue the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
tried to scan it but it keeps saying no link tried the scanner on another car and it worked fine.Do you think the ecm may have went it has 170k on it if so where is the ecm located
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

That is sure a possibility and if that is the case that would explain the lack of communications with the scanned. Start with checking pin #16 on the DLC for power, if it shows none then check the #19 fuse to make sure its in place and not blown.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
alright i will get back to you latter i will check it at lunch
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Okay let me know and we can work from there if need be.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sorry one more thing i wanted to tell you as soon as i turn the key on the cooling fans come on and the climate control is off.Would this be easier if i were to call you
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

The cooling fans coming on with the engine and AC off would sure point towards a failing computer as well. Let see if you can get the DLC to read after you check the power to it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sorry that took so long i do have power dlc
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
still wont link up
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

That would usually indicate the ECM has failed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
now when i replace it i am going to have to have the key reprogramed should it link up before i get the programing done
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

The ECM as well as the key are going to require programming.