My 2003 Xterra's air conditioner blows hot air. : The air

Customer Question

My 2003 Xterra's air conditioner blows hot air.
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: The air flow in the car is good. Not sure how to check the hose.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It blows normally in the car, just blows hot are. I know nothing about cars. Not a lot of help.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it's easy. Or to get an idea of what could be wrong and an estimate of costs
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Ok, so you need my email?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: No, it seems to be working fine except for that.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. You could have a problem with a sensor or switch or the wiring for the ac to blow warm. But what is most common is to have a leak in the system and be low on freon. When the system is low on freon it blows warm. I suggest that you try to add more freon to truck and see if it starts blowing cold. If so, that will indicate you have a leak in the system.