Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified since 1985

I just signed up and I need to know how to replace the

Customer Question

I just signed up and I need to know how to replace the water/coolant reservoir on my 97 Nissan Pathfinder - it's not listed! I guess it's considered a simple repair but I still need to know what I need/how to get it out...
Submitted: 4 months ago via ChiltonDIY.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

I show a diagram showing the what appear to be 4 nuts holding it on.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

Here are the instructions for removing the radiator and the step for removing the reservoir are included in that,

If it sits in front of the radiator then if you cannot reach those nuts and/or there isn't enough room to remove that reservoir, then I would assume once you remove the nuts from the radiator top mounting brackets, perhaps you could tilt the radiator reward enough to reach that reservoir. If not just continue removing the radiator until there is access.