Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

All fuses and relays are good Autozone suggested I reset the

Customer Question

All fuses and relays are good Autozone suggested I reset the security system so how do I do that
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Car starts fine just no headlights power door locks won't work power windows turn signals and 149000
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Everything is fine but power door locks power windows headlights turn signals and power seats none work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: They suggested resetting alarm do u have the code
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
06 Nissan altima
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This issue will require more advanced diagnostics I am afraid. The head light operation is controlled by a control unit called the IPDM. The power windows and locks are controlled by a control unit called the BCM. It is possible that the IPDM control unit is not powering the BCM properly keeping the functions from working.. Or you could simply have a Alternator issue.

Do you have a volt meter? How good are you at electrical work?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we have a meter and I know a little bit but my bc is the one trying to figure it out. The alternator is good we also tried that as well
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.

Does the car start and run? If you put the volt meter on the battery while it's running, what voltage readings are you getting?