Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a Nissan Titan that is stuck in neutral. Column

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Titan that is stuck in neutral. Column shifting. I can turn the truck off and retrieve the keys but have to set the emergency brake to stop it from rolling.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Neautral and I dont know what a wheel lock feature
is?
JA: What year is your Titan?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If possible but not necessary. Only checked the trans fluid and it is good.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
Hey there thanks for the question. If the truck is stuck in neutral it very well may just be the linkage came loose. If you look at the front passenger side of the transmission you will see a brass lever with a castle style nut, it can come loose and you won't be able to change gears. Fairly easy fix.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do I look from on top or from below?
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.

from below. If you crawl under the truck by the oil drain pan. you will see the linkage on teh passengers side.

Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

I wanted to check back and see how you made out. If you need further assistance let me know please, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time is all.