Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I drove my 2004 Armada yesterday morning with no problems.

Customer Question

I drove my 2004 Armada yesterday morning with no problems. In the early evening we went to leave and it started perfectly, yet had no pedal response. I read a post on here and did the relearn process and now it will start then stall immediately
JA: OK. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes...I'm fairly apt.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did a scan and it popped up a couple evap codes. Tried to repeat the relearn process. Clean battery connections, looked for blown fuses and loose/bad wiring in engine compartment, and pulled off the engine cover
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Just that it's a*****edition w 121862 miles and I bought it used a couple years ago and have had no problems except the rear air ride system ( which I'm still ciphering
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

When you had no pedal response did you get an trouble codes? for the throttle or APP sensor?

ALso have you checked for spark, or swapped the ECM and Fog light relays to see if the ECU relay has failed? one of the most common no-start problems on these trucks.

Here click me for the ECM relay swap

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think I got it. I believe I have a bad evap valve and it cause it to vapor lock yesterday in our insane heat. I pull the evap hose off the throttle body and got it to start and warm up. I drove it to warm up the tranny the performed the idle speed relearn and it seems to be fine. I'm going to get an evap valve now
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

Hmm that generaly won't cause a no start, are you sure the closed throttle position is not set? it's not getting any air? is the throttle really dirty?

did you attempt to start it by pressing the gas pedal and see if that resolved it without removing the evap hose?

if you have codes your gonna need to replace it anyway, just really odd that it caused a no start.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

if you run into anymore problems after replacing the evap valve let me know please. I will be happy to help you out at that time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sounds good, thanx
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

no problem