Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

2004 nissan titan cranks wont start replaced cam crank

Customer Question

2004 nissan titan cranks wont start replaced cam crank sensor ecu still wont start only have 3v to injector
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

In order to help you better, I need a little more information, Do you know if you have spark?

Let me know so I can continue to help you.

Thanks Sonny

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no spark
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do not call me
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sonny get no spark
Ok let me look up a few things
Have you checked your fuses? Just curious
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

new expert here, looks like the last guy opted out.

is there any particular reason you replaced the ECM? if you replaced the ECM the keys have to be registered before the truck will start.

This doesn't look like an ECM issue, looks like an IPDM failure. WHen they fail you get weird voltage readings to things like the injectors and fuel pump etc.

give me a little more info about how this happened and why you replaced what you did so we can continue please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i had it flashed ecm
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

Please elaborate more on your replies so i can help. I am not at the vehicle with you and can solely rely on what you tell me to work with.

What do you mean you had it "flashed" - I need to know if the dealer or a mobile locksmith registered your keys to the new ECM.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
mobile tec
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

did you swap the ECM and fog lamp relays?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi jake replaced ipdm still wont start i did not used a nissan cam sensor after market
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

I wouldn't use an aftermarket cam or crank sensor on these trucks. Did you have a code for either one? or just replaced them on a guess?

The reason I say this is Nissan actually issued a bulletin on this because the cam and crank sensors on these trucks look identical, but are NOT interchangeable. I see aftermarket parts stores interchange the parts all the time to customers and leave them chasing their tails trying to figure out whats wrong.

If you never had any codes for them, I would put the OEM cam and crank sensors back in and see where you stand and proceed from there.