Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

It is not the alarm-it is the anti thief that has lock the

Customer Question

It is not the alarm-it is the anti thief that has lock the computer. I was told I need to take it to the Dealer to get reprogram.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Can I get the year, make, model?

I assume the security light is flashing while trying to start?

If the key is damaged or there is a part on the car that is damaged preventing the computer from recognizing a programmed key is being used. Then yes you are correct, programming will be needed after some diag is done to see which part has failed.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris