Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2012 nissan rogue that the a/c is blower out hot

Customer Question

I have a 2012 nissan rogue that the a/c is blower out hot air. the compressor is good, we check the fuses. Where is the a/c relay is located in a rogue. I am not sure that is the problem but i thank that could be the problem. Just a guest
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: I located the fuse box and no a/c relay. There is two boxes under the hood
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I check the compressor and check and see if any fuses have blown. Could you tell were is the a/c relay is located.l
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 10 months ago.

The a/c relay is part of the IPDM. To check the relay operation you simply perform the auto-active test. If the compressor clicks then the relay is working and the clutch operating.

Expert:  Jake replied 10 months ago.

Here is the test you need to perform, the door switch is the door-ajar switch.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know the a/c compressor is not kicking on. It is just blowing out hot air. We check the compressor , it is good and is not low in Freon . It is a 2012 .
Expert:  Jake replied 10 months ago.

the auto active test i sent you will activate the compressor clutch. this will prove that the relay and fuse are good and in tact. perform the test and we can move forward.