Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

2010 Nissan Altima hybrid, no start periodically w/dtcs

Customer Question

2010 Nissan Altima hybrid, no start periodically w/dtcs u0293 and u1020. Once it starts, runs good. It sometimes can restart right away after shut off or cannot start no matter how you try.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

This means there is no communication between the HV ECU and the ECM.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

This code is really not one that you can work on yourself, unless you have a scan tool that has CAN capabilities. i wish i had some better news but this is not a standard run of the mill code that indicates a malfunction in the starting system or a sensor malfunction, this is a communication error. This can be a grounding issue, a battery issue, or an actual control unit failure, or can line issue.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

I wanted to check back and see how you made out. If you need further assistance let me know please, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time is all.