Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

Stranded. Light flashing on dash indicates vehicle

Customer Question

Stranded. Light flashing on dash indicates vehicle immobilizer. 2012 Altima. Can I do something to get it started again?
JA: Have you checked the dashboard control switch? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: No. It is keyless start. Where would the dash control switch and fuse be located? I will have to drive back to the parking lot where I left the car.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Would like to just get rolling again so I would attempt to fix it.
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: It just rolled to 90k miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

The flashing immobilizer light is normal, when the light comes on solid then its a concern.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

I need to know exactly what happens when it does not start.

Does it make a fast clikcing sound? a single click? or does it make no noise at all?

does the ignition switch to ACC/ON but not crank or does it stay on LOCK?

Do you notice anything on the gauge cluster led? like a symbol that says "no key" or "insert key" or "press brake"

Let me know please.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

also, if you would rather chat by phone let me know and I can call you when your at the vehicle.