sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I believe the problem is in my Anti Thief. T think the

Customer Question

I believe the problem is in my Anti Thief. T think the problem started when the lady said she lost the keys to her doors and her remote door controller. She brought the car to me, and when she left I went to start the car and the starter acted like it had a problem. So I waited and then it finally started. After I parked the car in the shop it the start would not turn over. I replaced the starter and turning the ignition key nothing happened. Neither did the fuel pump work.I told her the car would not start and she said she had to leave the door open for it to start. Well I close the door and that caused the problem to not start.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the vehicle has either factory security or an aftermarket alarm and the system is being armed then it would need to be disarmed to start the engine. Either the unlock button on the key fob would need to be pressed or the doors manually unlocked with the key. It sounds as if the system may be aftermarket if leaving the door open was truly necessary to allow the engine to start.

When the fuel pump doesn't run will the ECM communicate with a scan tool?