Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

My 1994 D21 4-cylander 5 speed pickup(124K miles) has leaves

Customer Question

My 1994 D21 4-cylander 5 speed pickup(124K miles) has leaves in the intake vents that occasionally blow into the cab.Now the AC is not running to full capacity so I've stopped using it(I'm afraid I'll burn out the compressor). How Do I clean out debris in the intakes--Vacuum doesn't reach it?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clayso replied 7 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely you still have the old style grills up on the cowl. The old style were single rows and the new are rows and columns of vents in the grills. You can remove the grills and the top cowl to get farther into the fresh air cowl intake. Getting into the HVAC unit itself is easiest by removing the blower motor on the passenger side, up under the dash and cleaning out all of the debris. You should be able to reach up into the HVAC assembly with the blower motor removed and towards the center of the vehicle make sure there is no debris on the A/C evaporator.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I'm following up on any progress with this repair. I hope the information I gave was helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Thanks.