peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

Chuck : I recently took my 2008 Nissan quest to a repair

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I recently took my 2008 Nissan quest to a repair man. I asked him to replace the ABS module/pump . The traction control ABS and slip lights as well as the brake light was illuminated on the dash. When the vehicle was complete the TCS slip and ABS lights were off the brake light was not. I suspect that he did not change the module. Now the vehicle is posing other problems the fuel gauge is off by nearly 1/2 of a tank. The overdrive light will not eliminate nor will the RPMs change when I press the button. The repair man told me that he was waiting on a diode. I have the feeling that he somehow disabled the problem lights and did not make the repair.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is possible that something was shorted out or damaged causing the other issues here as well as the brake light to remain on when the repair was done.I would ask the mechanic what diode he/she is going to replace and why it needs replaced if you can and let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete