peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

I can't get it to start even after trying to use the

Customer Question

I can't get it to start even after trying to use the intelligent key. We open the back door and the alarm system began making making noises and now it won't start.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Engine won't turn over. Appears battery is dead and won't jump. Battery is dated 2014
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Well since I am 60 miles from home, yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Not that I know of. I have been trying to read the owners manual but I can't even locate the security system indicator in the vehicle.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases the battery can have a dead or shorted cell in it preventing a jump start causing this issue here.This can also cause the alarm to go off in some cases with low voltage issues.If you have not had the battery tested to see if it needs replaced this needs done.A local parts store will usually test the battery at no charge for you.If this is tested and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete