Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified since 1985
20625509

AC: Cold on left, warmer on right... in winter...when heater

Customer Question

AC: Cold on left, warmer on right... in winter...when heater is on... cooler on right..warm like it should be on left. I have a 2010 4wd armada plat
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: Coolant level is fine. Problem is on drivers side... I should say, passenger side in both summer and winter are perfect. On drivers side, too warm air in summer, and too cool air in winter.
JA: What year is your Armada?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was hoping to see if there is a motor issue with a blend door, or if there is a reset?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In summer: Warm on drivers side, nice and cool on passenger side. In winter. Cold on drivers side. Nice and warm on passenger side. The issue is the driver's side.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Drivers side is the side that is ok, isn't it? If not, is this a right hand drive vehicle, meaning the steering wheel is on the right, like in England?

Anyhow, it sounds to me as though there is a problem with the right side duct work, either it fell off, became loose or if there is a door or actuator, it isn't working.

Give me a few minutes to see what I can find in the repair manuals as far as blend doors and/or actuators go.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The drivers side is the "Problem" side. The passenger side works perfectly. It is a left hand side problem. It is a North American vehicle so it is a left hand side drive vehicle.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Ok, then you must have reversed what you said.

With the AC on, if the left side (drivers side) is cold, then that side is working ok.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Ok, I see you corrected yourself.

OK, now.

This is a 2010 Nissan Armada. What submodel if any of what engine?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

So far I see an air mix motor for both sides.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Here is a diagram,

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Sorry, here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a 2010 4wd Nissan Armada Platinum v8
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

A little closer look,

Here are the instructions for removing that motor, but you only need to gain access to it, so when you have access, check the motor for voltage when the ac or heat is on.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Here is a wiring diagram,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is it possible I just need to replace the fuse? or is there a way through the system to reset the AC?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

The fuse most likely powers both sides. I don't think resetting would help either and I would even have to look that up, cause I don't know off hand how to do that or even if there is such a thing. If it's too much trouble just to check for voltage to that motor, let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wouldn't the Drivers side fuse be M147 as per the diagram on the air blend door motor?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

M147? From what I see that is a driver, not a fuse.

The fuse is most likely one of those at the top of that page (8 and/or 19), and see they feed both sides.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.