Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Is there any relationship between the radio and the front 12

Customer Question

is there any relationship between the radio and the front 12 power port on 2009 Maxima SV? My radio stays on after the ignition is shut off. if I plug in my phone charge to the front power port the radio goes off
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The dealer replaced the BCM under warranty (Lemon Law) was ok for a few weeks. tried disconnecting batter to reset bcm ok for a few days. have checked and replaced fuses ok for a few days
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: like I said if I plug in the phone charger the radio goes off. some times I have to do the opposite, unplug the phone charger. the radio goes on by itself in the middle of the night and kills the battery.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

Hey there, this is the factory stereo i assume?

Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

if so then the radio and power outlet wiring have nothing in common here except they use the dash beam grounds, which is the first thing i was gonna suggest you check anyways.

If you open the drivers door and look at the dash side of the door jamb there are 3 plastic caps, remove them and snug the 10mm nuts inside to the dash beam.

I have seen these be loose and cause radio or navigation to not turn off.

Just don't overtighten them them.