Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

My 2006 Nissan frontier se , the ac motor is not working.

Customer Question

hi pearl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my 2006 Nissan frontier se , the ac motor is not working. when power is supplied directly to it, it does work
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: please help
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I took it to mechannc and he had me to buy fan, that was not it, would like to fix myself. I am thinking it is a fuse or relay
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: the blow works good and the compressor comes on but does not cool vehicle, the Freon is good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

hey there, sounds like the fan amp which is very common on these trucks to fail.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

they run about $60 at the dealer for the part and we keep them in stock.

under the passengers side dash, just simply unplug the connector and remove the 2 - 5.5mm bolts.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

please just remember to leave me a kind rating so the site credits me for my time.

If you need anything else at all let me know!

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

I wanted to check back and see how you made out. If you need further assistance let me know please, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time is all.