Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Pearl I have a code error of P1757 on a 20087 Nissan

Customer Question

Pearl I have a code error of P1757 on a 20087 Nissan Frontier XE with an automatic. Reading it is Front Brake Solenoid Circuit Malfunction. do these tend ot be electrical and fixed with new Valve or is it mechanical in the tranny?
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 112,000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: doubtful but I want to make sure I do not get pushed into a new tranny when it is an electrical issue that is fixable.
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Nope - thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

This is generally caused by either the solenoid failing, which requires a new valve body.

or when there is cross contamination with the transmission and radiator. Did you check the radiator for a pink froth?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No froth - currently at transmission shop - they want to open the tranny up to see if mechanical
Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

It's not mechanical, needs a new control valve assembly. The control valve is pretty easy for any transmission repair to replace but the price for the part is very high, its about $900.

Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

and just so your not confused. The control valve is the valve body assembly with the solenoids that I mentioned in my initial response.

You could always attempt to just replace the solenoid itself, which requires some VB dissasembly, but you risk it not correcting the issue. We ALWAYS replace the entire control valve to make sure.

Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

if you need further help let me know please, if not please be sure you leave me a kind rating. It's the only way the site will credit me for my time.

Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

I wanted to check back and see how you made out. If you need further assistance let me know please, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time is all.