Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I need the drive cycle 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5l. : The Cat

Customer Question

I need the drive cycle for a 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5l.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The Cat monitor is not ready how do I get it ready
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ok I had a p0037 and I tested the downstream O2 and replaced it. I erased the codes and after a day of driving the light came back on with p0420. I checked the temperatures before and after the cat and all seem to be fine. My scan tool is reading a.250 to .300 v on the upstream o2 and a fluctuating number on the downstream..
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Have you checked the voltage?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** usually means the catalytic converter has failed, the drive cycles would have nothing to do with this code. If downstream oxygen sensor is fluctuating that points toward converter not working properly. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.