Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have recently replaced all parts or I believe all parts

Customer Question

Hi. I have recently replaced all parts or I believe all parts associated with p codes p1110 and p1135 in my 2001 pathfinder. Cleared the codes and the codes came back... the truck runs better than ever.
Here's a photo of the parts replaced.. I'm at a loss and not quite sure what I should do now... Any help, advise would've greatly appreciated. Thank you. (USA pathfinder)
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I see you replaced both intake timing solenoids. All your sensors say crank though. Are they the intake timing sensors?

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a scanner to monitor intake timing?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Jay, thank you for helping me with my problem. All the parts/sensors that I replaced were recommended by Nissan and I matched up the #s on the old with new part to make sure. Unfortunately I do not have a scanner.
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Jay, im sorry for the confusion. I'm simply thank you for replying and trying to helping solve my problem. I responded to your question of whether I had a scanner. I don't. What is a scanner for? What would it show? In your experience, what could the problem be? What do I do now?
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Oh, I though you didn't require any more help. Sorry.

With this particular issue, I would like to use a scanner to monitor intake timing operation and see if a exhaust valve timing relearn can be done. With the codes you are getting, and the fact that you have used Nissan parts to try to resolve it, tells me there is more than just a sensor issue. A scanner is going to be required to see if there is something up with the timing chains. Such as a stretched chain, or jump time, timing sprocket operation or maybe a blown out back timing cover gasket. Since you have replaced all parts, and still have issues, a scanner is going to be required to determine if the front timing cover needs to be removed to see if something needs to be done with the timing chains.